6 GREATS TIPS FOR TAKING CARE OF PONYTAIL HAIR EXTENSION
In this article we bring 6 greats tips that professionals offer for those who purchase a ponytail hair extension.
It's not news that hair extensions are great options for those who want to change their appearance quickly, without complications and still boost their self-esteem.
And the ponytails? They are also good alternatives because they are simple to put on and take off. However, just like natural hair and hair extensions, the hair shaft needs care to keep it looking beautiful and for an extended period of time.
CARE TIPS FOR PONYTAILS
As ponytail extensions are usually made from natural hair, the same care must be taken as natural hair, in order to maintain the beautiful appearance of the extension.
The advantage of the extension being made from natural hair is that you can style it any way you want, i.e. you can straighten, curl, dye and achieve the desired look.
Follow these tips:
It is necessary to gently brush the extensions before and after use, thus avoiding tangles, removing the dirt that can accumulate in the strands, prolonging the useful life of the hair, as it distributes the natural oils of the strands.
It is important to use a suitable brush:
- Soft bristles - for brushing;
- Wide tooth comb - for detangling;
- Also, you need to brush the right way - from bottom to top, avoiding pulling the strands.
In order to maintain its quality and prolong its useful life, it is necessary to wash the extension properly.
- Warm water - avoid hot water, use a small amount of sulfate-free shampoo and mix it into the water to wash. Dip the ponytail hair extensions in water and gently rotate them to ensure they are fully submerged. Let them soak for 5 to 10 minutes;
- Rinse - remove the extensions from the water and rinse thoroughly with warm water until all shampoo is removed;
- Conditioner - apply a small amount of leave-in conditioner (creates a protective barrier) to deeply hydrate the extensions with a focus on the ends of the hair.
After gently wringing out excess water with a clean towel, hang extensions to dry in a ventilated area away from sunlight and heat.
Heat can damage the ponytail extension due to frequent exposure to high temperatures, so limit the use of flat irons and curling irons. If you must use these heated styling tools, use heat-protecting products.
There are some forms of modeling that do not require the use of heat, such as:
- Velcro rollers;
- Headband for curling hair.
Regular trimming will keep your ponytails in good condition for a longer period of time as it removes split ends which are common when your extensions become dry from chemical treatments.
Proper storage of the extension cord will keep it in good condition, find a cool, dark place (avoid placing it near sunlight), keep it away from moisture and dirt buildup that can lead to bacteria growth and bad smell. When transporting the hair extension, place it in a ponytail holder or barrette.
Therefore, taking care of your hair extensions and maintaining them properly is a good way to ensure that they last a long time and keep looking great.
That's why the good hair extension professional has brought these tips so that all hairdressers can offer them to their customers and allow them to keep their ponytail extensions with quality and beauty for longer.